Thursday, October 11, 2018

Festive Fall Appearances!


October tis the season for Horror Authors, amirite?! 

Saturday October 13 I am jumping back into the talking shop foray at the Indie Authors Day, 11 a.m. at the Heggan Library in Sewell. 

Yes that is tomorrow. Yes I realize I didn't blog about it until now. But who really reads a blog for the latest these days? Get with the social media, I've been tweeting and posting about this all over the place! If there is a real world event, and no one posts about it on social media, did that event really happen?

And now here is my obligatory picture:


If you follow my social media, you will also notice the hullabaloo everywhere about my November event. The Mount Holly Conference is now The South Jersey Writers Conference. New Name! New Venue! Even More Writing Inspiration! Our Dates are still the same with chances to Mingle November 7 in addition to an entire Conference Saturday November 10 and a Dinner Reception, however our venues are now in Berlin. 



Is it short notice to change a conference a month a way? Yes. Did I accomplish planning in a day what our old venue complicated for over a month? Also yes. The folks in Mt. Holly were great to help us start the conference, but we had a feeling it was time to leave the nest and expand, so we did. 

That is one of the biggest most important things about being an author - going with your gut. I could have delayed and risked a time with winter weather or played it safe with a sub par event, but the time was now! When you are a writer, you have to decide if you are going to write right now, sign on with that agent asap, or accept that publisher's contract. There is no time to twaddle. 

That's all my free nuggets for today. If you want more from even bigger and better and more fancy authors than me, See You at the Conference! RSVP: facebook.com/groups/southjerseywritersconference/



No comments:

Post a Comment