Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Horror Addicts.net Round Up and Beyond!


Happy Halloween one and all!!


For those looking to revisit my Halloween DIY Craft series at Horror Addicts.net - you know this November when you are supposed to be writing for NaNoWriMo! - here is the complete run down:

DIY Stuffed Pumpkins Video
How to Make a Pumpkin Cat House
Creepy Cloches 
Tea Stained Labels and Spooky Bottles
How Not to Make a Spooky Spell Book




I was also able to take in a Batty for Bats visit by the Rancocas Nature Center at the Monroe Library, and you can find my write up of the event on Horror Addicts.net as well.  Everyone is all up in the spooky events for October but they forget how the rest of us morose folks remain so 365 days a year. Now that things have somewhat quieted down, I'm hoping to do some scary Pine Barrens reporting, but we'll see. 

I enjoy doing audio, video, and new types of media as a companion to my writing work. The key is to not let all the fun extras or bells and whistles over take the "real" writing job. 


Which means we can't forget about the big South Jersey Writers Conference




Sign Up ASAP with our Online Registration Form:
https://goo.gl/forms/OI7e16s1dlDKjsYL2



Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/2166228133640112/

Facebook Group: facebook.com/groups/southjerseywritersconference


This has been a tremendous undertaking expanding the Conference to multiple days and venues, but our local author community, including the South Jersey Writers Group and South Jersey Women Authors, is ripe and eager for area opportunities to hone writing skills, network, and learn from other authors. I enjoy working with authors who are a step above me, gaining insight from their experiences, so I am looking forward to all the speakers and panelists at the Conference and I hope to see YOU there!


For those taking part in NaNoWriMo, you can also join us at South Jersey NaNo. I don't officially sign up as November is truly the worst time to try and rush the writing journey, but I enjoy the extra motivation and write ins. There were times in my youth when I would take November and December off from writing, it was too busy and I needed the time away from writing in order to want it more. Now, I just want more time to write!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment