Friday, October 14, 2022

Keeping a Mini Pumpkin Garland for Myself!

 

A mini pumpkin garland project had been on my Kbatz Krafts To Do List for a while, and I didn't expect to get to it this autumn. However this easy to do almost free DIY came together in a weekend!


Unlike my previous How to Make Stuffed Pumpkins Video and much larger Pumpkin Ottomans crafts, these minis came together thanks to orange and white material from my scrap bin. It was easy to sew and gather these small sizes closed, stuffing them with more scraps and remnants and just going with the gnarly little shapes! The variety in textures between the orange and white fabrics also made for a similar but different cohesive look as I laid out the mini pumpkins and hot glued them to a dollar store rope. There is a pattern but it isn't matchy matchy. I put some fake leaves to good use – because I have so, so many fake leaves as seen in my Thrift Haul Videos – choosing a mix of yellow, gold, and orange to keep the autumn scheme. 99 cent thrift find cinnamon sticks topped off each little pumpkin, broken in half to bring their scent to scale.




I thought about adding red leaves between the pumpkins or greenery vines and orange lights, however sometimes less is more. This rustic fall rope allows the pumpkins to take center stage, and $1.25 mini pumpkin spice brooms left over from my recent Shoe Wreath finished off the raw ends. The brooms have small hanging loops too, but I had to find a place for my garland where the cats wouldn't get it! While in my scrap bin, I also found bigger remnants to make a few more stuffed pumpkins for my patch, and eventually I hung my mini pumpkin garland high across our front window. Previously, I made my mother a basket of stuffed apples in a similar manner with red fabric, green leaves, and cinnamon stick stems. You could go completely natural with pine cones from the back yard or shake up some potpourri pieces on a line. For under $7 with found materials on hand, this mini pumpkin garland can hang around through Thanksgiving! I had intended to make it for my mother, but now I'm keeping it for myself!



You can see more project photos on the Kbatz Krafts Instagram and Facebook!


Mom's Apples 🤣

No comments:

Post a Comment