Monday, October 31, 2022

On Unicorns and Autumn Habits 🍂🦄🍂

 

After making my Jaunty Autumn Hat, I wasn't sure what to call this ensemble. It looks like a pseudo Victorian Halloween riding habit but the equine mood is more broadly autumn. Ready for my side saddle in September and November, too! Habit, of course has frock and obsessive meanings, and I got a Fall habit bad, wouldn't you say? Thus, I set off with my Goth Parasol and the Pumpkin Car to go Trick or Treating with the family unicorn.




My niece said I looked like I took the bus from Halloween Town and my sister called me a spooky Mary Poppins thanks to my bag of tricks, and after seeing a lot of people not dressed up, I wondered if the cat on a jack-o-lantern brooch or the leaves and acorn earrings were a bit twee? I started out wearing a ruffled thrift blouse underneath my thrift blazer, but it got a bit hot under the dollar store bat scarf and the petticoat under my orange skirt was kind of heavy. I hate when a sliver of petticoat shows! Ironically, I have footage of how I made the orange skirt and the petticoat made out of Grammy's Curtains will be in service again for my current December project. I used the same methods from my Reversible Red Skirt, but that is one of my least popular videos so I never finished the videos for all the other skirts I made this summer – yet.

The Upgraded Masquerade Mask made for some peek-a-boo but it wasn't an indoor crowd so ended up not wearing my Halloween T-Shirt Mask. Updated booster, baby! The netted gloves were from a party supply store ages ago, and I have a dollar store fan for every season, but the boots are relatively recent Goodwill replacements for my previous ~Victorian kicks that earned a lot of wear and tear. And yeah, I added a sunflower and bells to my front button #dealwithit.




How old is too old to go Trick or Treating?


Visit our Facebook and Instagram for more photos or see all our Kbatz Krafts Halloween Makes on YouTube!


Photos by Jahli Creations and Hit the Stars Learning with Horses. Order holiday soaps at Jahli Creations ASAP!


No comments:

Post a Comment