Friday, July 31, 2026

White Bling? πŸ€¨πŸ€”πŸ˜

 

So-called “white” jewels such as diamonds and pearls are not my favorites, but last year I made Black and White Bobbles to match my Polka Dot Dress. Could I further venture into more white accessories to go with my August black and white ensembles thanks to a pack of $10 howlite beads?



More of the clearance black wood bead garland used previously and some large grab bag gold beads alternating with the smaller howlite beads made for a very chunky, actually somewhat gaudy necklace. Big earrings and a thick bracelet complete the tacky set, but if I'm going to ritz up my Black and White Polka Dot Tank to beat the heat I may as well go big or go home, amirite? A handful of black fireball beads mixed with the howlite and the last of the black wood beads made for more simple dangle earrings with a matching gold cross necklace as I inched further from my black wheelhouse. I have noticed that some black beads or fake metals discolor and rub off with sunscreen at higher temperatures. However, that's what one must expect if you're going to work with cheap, fun, found materials, and I'm not about to give up my SPF 100!





The howlite beads and their matching white cross spacers made for more bracelets alongside cheap gold beads taken apart from another Goodwill garland. Here, I went bold for a mirroring majority howlite collar necklace with gold teardrop beads and small cross earrings. Because I also wear red accents with my black and white for a dash of fifties style pop, vintage thrift red and gold beads were next to join the howlite. Like my previous Bling Binge, I went a little crazy in finishing these red beads with three bracelets, earring bobs, and a necklace with a dangling howlite cross pendant. Determined to use all this howlite to fill the white accessories hole in my collection, I continued with more aged gold chunky beads and leftover rose shaped beads for another necklace. The small white crosses and more cheap gold beads made for the last of the howlite beads in a matching bracelet. There are still some of the small sideways howlite cross beads in two sizes which can be used for future bracelets – my own spiritual trademark against this so-called Christian yet totally corrupt regime that has forgotten Jesus's actual teachings on compassion. Otherwise I've pretty much made all the white and gold jewelry combinations I'll probably need. Huzzah!





Does some of this me-made jewelry look the tacky and junky that it truly is? Absolutely! Apologies to Dolly Parton, but it only cost pennies to look this cheap. I have fun, seemingly lightweight looking accessories thanks to the white howlite color – a new concept to me, a long-time wearer of black. I'm looking forward to mixing and matching these bright, summery sets with my black and white clothes, a moderate success with an alternative white stone, if I do say so myself!


Visit the Kbatz Krafts Archive for more jewelry made by me or see more bling photos on the Kbatz Krafts Facebook.





No comments:

Post a Comment